We are pleased to offer a Spanish-English Dual Language Program for grades K-5. We work in partnership with Boston College and the TWIN CS (Two Way Immersion Network for Catholic Schools). Our program is an 80/20 Dual Immersion Model in which students are immersed with more Spanish earlier in earlier grades and increase instruction in English with each consecutive grade until they reach 50% in English. We have bilingual, self-contained classrooms and our staff teaches their homeroom class in both language depending on the content. Beginning in kindergarten, students learn to read in both English and Spanish. We enhance the curriculum with cultural studies and authentic texts from Spanish-speaking countries. Our program is regularly evaluated and teachers receive continual, high-quality professional development in language instruction with the support of an experienced mentor.
- Serve as an authentically bilingual preschool-8th grade school through academics, activities and events.
- Prepare students for high school by incorporating best practices, project based learning and high academic expectations.
- Produce bilingual, biliterate and culturally aware students who can effectively communicate in a global world.
Benefits of Dual Language Immersion:
- Language proficiency in both English and Spanish for all students
- Improved communication ability
- Enhanced listening skills
- Exceed performance standards of solo language learners
- Increased problem solving skills
- Greater cultural appreciation
- More prepared for global culture and market
Articles and Research on Dual Language:
“Dual language learning has been found to be the only method of second language acquisition to facilitate the full closure of the achievement gap between English learners and English speakers in primary and secondary education.”